Wednesday, July 22, 2009

John's College Graduation (MAY 2009)





It has been almost THREE months since my last post, but I am trying to do better and play catch up tonight. In May John graduated with Highest Honors from the University of Utah. I am SO proud of my husband. He is just amazing. He got home from his mission November 2004 and started College at the U in Jan 2005. He went full time straight through (not a single summer off!) college. During this time he got married, had two babies- and ALL the while he worked full time as an arterial line technician at IMC to support our little family. I am still baffled as to how he has managed to maintain such a high GPA. John walked on Friday May 8th and then he started his graduate program (PA school) on Monday May 11th. Despite this crazy schedule (He is also the Elders Quorum President in our ward) he still manages to spend time with the girls and I and even helps do the dishes - on occasion. What a sweeitie! A lot of people ask John why he would do PA school when he could do Medical School and it is quite simply because he wants to be present with our family, we think doctors are marvelous- but we just felt it was best for our family if he didn't have to be away quite so much. He has almost completed his first semester of PA school and is loving it. For those of you who aren't too familar with what a PA is exactly- it is like a Doctor but different (as in less prestige & less money!). PA school is 7 semesters long instead of 8 with med school, but there is NO residency- he can specialize in different fields of medicine. He will have rights to prescribe and they can even run their own clinics etc.. We are so thrilled he got in here, the U is one of the top 5 PA schools in the nation. They took 40 students this year out of over 900 applicants so it was quite competitive. I am proud to say that John was a top 5 pick for PA school. GO JOHNNY GO!!

2 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Your little family is just adorable! You look great by the way!!

Kim & Campbell said...

Congratulations Lelis family! You guys have accomplished a lot in a short amount of time (WOW!)...and have a beautiful family ta boot (I don't know how to spell that, sorry)!