Here is Clara on the morning of her Birthday, which was September 9th. (I know I'm so behind ) She came out in the morning in her nightgown and put on her apron and just got down to business and began to cook! I let her eat a cupcake for breakfast, so she pretty much thought she had died and gone to heaven! It was a great day. I posted most of the pictures that turned out decent.
Here is John putting together Clara's kitchen set we got her. He put it together a couple nights before her party. I said I would help but I ended up laying on the couch and reading Harry Potter instead. I felt bad because it was intricate and as it turned out they had forgotten to screw a bunch of the holes in it when it left the factory. So he had to sit and screw in each hole for each bolt. I eventually went to bed, cause ya know, watching him do all that was exhausting. He wasn't done till 2:00 a.m.! Poor guy- but atleast he did it all himself and was so handy!!

Grandma Lelis at the party with our Bean.
Here is Edie and Alec at Clara's party. Nichole took this picture- we were holding them up to compare. I love Alec's hair in this picture. Edie looks like she might EAT Alec. She is 3 months older though..... Mommy and Edie Bean (Our Chubby Thing).
Here are the cupcakes I made for Clara's Birthday party. She wanted pink and Orange Cupcakes with sprinkles. These ended up being a bit of a nightmare for me! I bought two cupcake mixes and a bunch of canned frosting and food coloring. And when I originally baked the cupcakes the night before they completely fell apart as I was getting them out of the pan. It was about 11:00 at night so I just chucked them and the batter I had mixed up from the other box, thinking I was just going to forget being Donna Reed (okay I guess Donna Reed wouldn't have used a mix. . . .) and just buy a bunch on her birthday. So on her birthday I woke up and called all around- yeah you kind of need to order two dozen cupcakes the day before... the only place that could make them that day was "Mimi's cupcakes" (Ironic name since I was really wishing our Mimi lived nearby all day long so she could just take over the cupcakes...) and they charged $2.50 per cupcake.... so at 2:30 in the afternoon while both children were napping I realized I was just going to have to make the dang things myself. So I made them from scratch, the tasted a tad different- but they were decent looking so it ended well. It took me 3 hours and a hideously messy kitchen- but I did it!



7 comments:
HaHa Alec has crazy man hair in that picture! I would kill for one of your cupcakes right now - I thought they both looked and tasted good! I love the pics of Clara in her crown, she is such a sweetheart!
Clara is really growing up, I love that the picture where she is so excited for her gifts! That is too fun! Edie is getting so big too, she is too cute...I love those chubby cheeks. Good job on the cubcakes, they look great!
I love seeing & reading about what's going on but I admit I am missing you guys tons!! I would have happily made those cupcakes for Clara's big "3" - but yours turned out very cute! Hugs to all. Great pics!
My niece has the same kitchen set and loves it! You look so good in your pictures! Always sooooo cute Joni!
I can't believe she's already 3! So cute! I got those gold skirts a few years ago @ gap. I just bought some dark brown ones at gap that are very similar - and I've bought silver before too.
Nice job on the cupcakes, they look wonderful. Projects like that stress me out! Great photos, you have such a cute little family!
So cute!!! I can't believe she is 3 already!!! (yeah, I'm way behind too!)
You guys look great! I hope all is still going well!
Post a Comment