We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Here are a few pictures of some of the fun stuff we did over John's break. It has been SO nice having him home. This Fall Semester of PA school was very very intense and long. I forgot how fun and easy going John could be! But thankfully he is halfway through the four semesters of book work! The last 3 semesters are his Clinicals. 2 Semesters down 5 to go..... We'll anyhoo, Above is a picture of Edie Bean on Christmas morning. Can't you just sense her excitment?
Clara was acting like a crazy child. We kept having to tell her to wait so we could take turns watching each other open presents. Poor little girl, it was so hard for her to wait for her turn! She was about beside herself when it wasn't her turn, her entire body was wiggling and her breathing was heavy! .jpg)
We think Edie may have enjoyed the wrapping paper more than the actual gift...
The last day of Clara's pre school (She goes @ the U of U) was a Christmas/Pajama party. The got to wear their Pajama's to school and watch the Grinch. Of course she positioned herself in the very front row- closest possible to the television.
The girlies enjoying the Christmas Tree lights :)
On Christmas Eve Clara and I made Snowman sugar cookies. The entire Christmas Season whenever someone asked Clara what she wanted she immediately asked for "Snowman Cookies". Were not really sure where she got this from? So Christmas Eve we decided to make some. I always thought it would be so fun and cozy when she got older and could help me cook/bake. But it really is a pain the bum to cook with a small child. She wanted to do everything herself, and she especially loved to take the initiative and dump things in the mixer without measuring them etc. Magically our sugar cookies didn't taste half bad though..jpg)
.jpg)
This one is a little random. After Edie's nap on Christmas Eve I went in there and her sweet chubby little legs were stuck through the crib slats!
.jpg)
SANTA!!!!! I had a picture of Clara on Santa's lap also but for some reason I can't get it to upload to blogger?
We had some time on our hands so we all decided to load up and go to Trolley Square. Of Course we ended up in Clara's own personal Heaven: Pottery Barn Kids. She could spend hours in there if I let her. Edie had a good time too.
Wheeee Fun!!.jpg)
Edie and Mommy.
We decided to try our hand at making a Gingerbread house. I buy one of these kits from Costco each year. And each year it looks like CRAP. The picture above is of the one on the box.... ours is below......jpg)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Glad you had a nice break! Having Josh home for some long weekends was wonderful for us too. I haven't made gingerbread houses since my kids were born. You are an inspiration. Maybe next year.
Joni, I am so glad you got to enjoy some time with John this Christmas! Luckily, my boys lose interest in baking with me after about one spoonful each, I can handle that! Edie is just bursting with excitement, I can see it in her eyes. It'll be more fun next year when she actually knows what's going on and the girls will get excited together. It was so much fun for us this year!
Joni, I am literally laughing out loud that you sent that picture to the company, You are so funny! I loved this post! So cute!
Joni, now I know to call you when I need some help with my gingerbread houses! Too funny. Christmas looks like it was loads of fun. Love the pictures! The girls are so cute - and you, too. Thanks for the updates. Love you! Happy 2010!
Joni you are such a cute mom. Cookies and Pottery Barn looked like fun (Pat LOVES Pottery Barn almost more than I do...hmmm) Clara and Edie are gorgeous as always! Clara cracks me up how she was dying while she waiting her turn to open presents and Miss Edie with her cute legs inbetween the crib slats is so funny! Let's hang out soon!
Goodness Gracious, time flies!. Your girls are adorable and growing up so fast. I can't get over what a big (growing up) girl Edie is, and how much she looks like both of you.
You are a cute mom, We need to go on more family outings!
I'm so glad your Christmas a great one!
P.S. I love the pig tails! SO CUTE!
Post a Comment