Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Something to Think About




So I had to speak in Church a couple Sunday's ago. I spoke on Motherhood and how we can enhance our roles as mother's and what we can do to keep our families close and to do our best to raise our Children in the Gospel. As I was preparing I read the wonderful talk by Elder Ballard. He quoted an Author Anna Quindlen. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this quote. It kind of makes me cry, but I love it because it reminds me to slow down and find Joy in the Journey Now. (Also a good talk :)) Anyway, I thought I would post it:




"The Biggest mistake I made as a parent is the one that most of us make..... I did not live in the Moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of my three children sitting in the grass on a quilt, in the shadow of a swing set on a summer day, ages six, four and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get to the next thing, Dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more, and the getting it done a little less".

4 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Thanks for that, I needed to hear it!

Hannah Holt said...

Ah yes. I love this quote too. It's sort of ironic that I write my blogs to remember these moments better. But when I get on the computer to write the blog I end up checking my email, and my friends blogs and sometimes facebook... And then I realize how many moments I just lost. I need to work better on focusing (just as soon as I finish writing this comment to you :) ).

Well, here's to finding the balance in life...

Nichole said...

So true! I love that quote. You are such a cute mom. Alright - about your email. I am up for it if you are...as long as you realize I will probably be walking most the way while you are running circles around me!

The Seare Family said...

I haven't checked blogs for awhile I need to get back into it. Thank you for posting that quote, just what I needed to read. So good to remember! You are such a cute mom!
Congrats to John and his White coat ceremony too!