Sunday, January 8, 2012

Your Typical New Years Resolution Post and Some Pictures of Our Spawn

Well Christmas is over and it's a new year. I'm excited. I'm looking forward to a few less drastic changes in our life this year. It's hard to believe this time last year I was just 3 months pregnant with Sam and John was in school and we were blissfully ignorant of what was ahead! But it has been a good year and considering all the major changes that have happened we have been incredibly blessed throughout it all. As usual I have made New Years Resolutions. I always think its funny when people say its stupid or they try not to make them. I think why not? It's always good to be trying to continually better yourself right? So here are mine (In no particular order):




  1. Study the scriptures/or church material with John everyday


  2. Lose the rest of my baby weight. This is often a goal of mine as it seems like I've just had a baby alot...


  3. Read to my children more and to PLAY with and ENJOY my children more instead of just focusing on meeting all their needs.


  4. Keep my house cleaner


  5. Finish our house projects: Complete Sam's nursery, Kitchen Re-model, makeover the diningroom and have a back storm door installed.


  6. Work hard at my church calling (I am a counselor in the YW presidency up here)


  7. Finish another half marathon before the year is out.


  8. Take some vacations. I want to enjoy that my husband can take time off now that he's not in grad school anymore!


And now here are some Holiday photo's:




Christmas Morning!






One morning while Clara was at preschool Edie and I enjoyed some alone time and painted our toenails.






On Christmas Eve John had to work all day so the girls and I went to visit him and brought him Shrimp Cocktail (John's holiday favorite). Edie kept sneaking into the mini fridge in John's office and trying to steal food. Hopefully no one went hungry on Monday.....



1 comment:

Hannah Holt said...

Awww. Good luck with your running (and the rest of your new year goals!)