Friday, March 16, 2012

Three Years ago Today....

I can remember perfectly three years ago today. It was a beautiful spring day. I was incredibly pregnant. I had given birth to Clara two weeks early, so I thought for sure I would have my second baby two weeks early. No such luck. I had been getting more and more antsy and anxious to give birth and meet my new baby. John was home on spring break from school, I had been hoping to have our baby so he would be home to just enjoy that sweet new baby phase with me. I had given up that I would have her that day. I was tired and didn't feel like cooking so we ran out to Cafe Rio and got our favorites. I had been ravenous and couldn't wait to chow down when we got home, but all of a sudden on the ride home my stomach didn't feel quite right. I couldn't stomach the thought of even one bite! I was so uncomfortable and fidgety the whole evening. We watched an entire disc of 30 Rock, but I just couldn't relax. Several hours later we were packing our bags to head to the hospital. I remember thinking it was the 17th and I would most likely have a St. Patty's day baby.We got to the hospital and at 5:30 AM and they broke my water. I was dilated to 3 cm. By 6:10 AM I had my darling Edie in my arms. It was truly an excruciating forty minutes! But once she was here I remember just looking at her and falling so immediately in love with her- it honestly took my breath away. I hated when they even took her to weigh her and measure her. What a wonderful day it was. We debated the entire two days in the hospital what to name her. We originally had Ruby and Matilda picked out. We had also thrown around the idea of Isla or maybe Madeline. But once we had her, she was our Edie. I can't believe its been THREE years! It seems like yesterday we found out we would have two little girls and the thought just warmed my heart. It still warms my heart. When they're not fighting or screaming at each other anyway.....

No comments: