Monday, April 8, 2013

Edie turns 4 years old!!!

Oh where has time gone?!?!
My little Edie turned 4 on March 17th. 
 I can't believe my little St. Patty's baby is 4 years old.
"There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good, she was very very good.
And when she was bad she was horrid".

              
I came across that while reading Mother Goose to Sam the other night.  It was definitely about Edie:)

We had a small Birthday party at McDonalds Playland to celebrate Edie turning 4.  I intended to make Edie a "rose cake" however the tip I bought for the frosting was cheap and the roses did not turn out as I anticipated.  So my good buddy Kelly came over and helped pull the heap of cake and frosting together.  Thankfully Edie was still pretty pumped and all the cake was eaten.


 Edie is such an affectionate little girl. She will walk up to me and put a hand on either cheek and look into my eyes and say "Mommy- I just love you so much".  She melts my heart! She routinely says "you are my sweet grill Mommy".  I will be so sad when the day comes that she starts Kindergarten.  While she can exasperate me, she really is just a sweet little thing. 
Edie has many aliases:

  • Fifi
  • Bean (Edie Bean)
  • Eden Buh Feden
  • Bunny Foofoo
One of Edie's greatest talents is her vocal chords.  I have never heard a child scream quite like she can. I've even had a couple of our neighbors comment on it.  When she was born she never cried. She was born Screaming.  She has never done a normal "cry" and she doesn't really whine either.
 She is either happy -or- screaming. 

                                         Sam helping clean up after making all that frosting:)


 On Edie's actual birthday we drove out to Sunnyside (an iffy town nearby) to get a Papa Murphy's pizza.  It was worth the drive.  I forgot how good pizza is! We also had cookies and I let her pick out a movie to rent. She chose "Hotel Transylvania".  We ate pizza and let her open gifts from Mimi and Grumpy and her Grandma and Grandpa.  John and I got her a bike and a unicorn helmet. Being a fabulous mom I forgot to take pictures. Nice.  Afterwards we all snuggled on the couch and watched the movie while we plowed through a plate of cookies.  It was a very fun night:)

 Clara and Sam were sent a couple of gifts too.  I don't know if you can tell but Sam was pretty thrilled about the Sesame street phone he got.

4 comments:

Brad said...

She is adorable! I love her curls. And Sam is getting so big! We should hang out when you move back!

Jill said...

Whoops! That comment above is really from me, I was logged in under Brad's account!

Pieces of me... said...

She is such a doll! And those curls give her so much personality :)

Hannah Holt said...

Sweet pictures! Happy belated birthday Edie!