We made it to Salt Lake alive. Just barely. The past 7 weeks have been quite the whirlwind. We took a trip to Seattle. We officially closed on our home in Washington. We packed and moved our family (amidst one NASTY flu bug) and now we are under contract to buy our second home in about 3 weeks. I have so many pictures I want to post, but I don't have clue where my camera cord is!
I am so thankful to be back in Salt Lake. I had forgotten how beautiful it is, how much I love it, how much I had missed many of my close friends, family and how wonderful our old ward is! It is SO fun having everything so close. We are out and about and doing so much more than we were able to in Prosser. It has been a blast catching up with old friends, being able to do Sunday dinner with family and revisiting all our old favorite spots in the city.
Having said that... I miss Prosser so much it hurts! I mostly miss the people. Our ward in Prosser was filled with some of the most kind, generous, loving people I have ever met. It is completely true what people say about ward's in the mission field. So many of them weren't just friends, they truly felt like family. I miss the sense of community there. Always having a full house of children running around, chatting with my friends everyday. The slower pace of life there. And I miss our yard and kitchen like crazy. I was blown away by how much our ward helped us move. I had sister's bringing me dinner (for almost a week!) taking my children for entire days so I could pack, and coming and helping me clean and pack. I was so touched, it just made it that much harder to leave!
I know without a doubt now that we were meant to come back, but I can't wait to go back and visit all of our friends. I feel like this was an experience John and I were both meant to have. I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are excited for the new chapter in our life. We are under contract for another home and we are very excited. It is in the "Highland Park" neighborhood of Salt Lake. We are thrilled to be able to raise our kids in such a great neighborhood. We have 4 bedrooms 2 baths.
It is still right in the heart of Salt Lake city and so close to everything. We were very blessed to be able to find this home, and we can't wait to move in and make it our own!
No comments:
Post a Comment