At a routine Dr.'s appointment they did an eye exam on Clara. Her right eye did fine- the left however did horribly. They weren't certain if it was just because she is 4 and has a short attention span, so maybe she was sick of reading off the letters/pictures or if there come be something wrong, so we scheduled an appointment with an opthamologist, where we discovered that Clara has severe astigmatism in her left eye. This makes it really hard for her to focus with both eyes. So she was prescribed glasses. We are very thankful we caught it however, because if we hadn't, Dr Barker says a couple years down the road and she would have had to wear a patch! My poor baby! She really really hates them- so we are trying to put a positive spin on glasses. I am happy she can see better, I just really hate the thought of her being teased. I remember being teased in elementary school and it really is a miserable experience. She sure is cute in them though!
6 comments:
She is TOO cute!!
I love the last picture! She looks beautiful!
I think she's adorable in her glasses. I'm glad you caught it early too.
She is Adorable, so cute with her pink specs!
That's tough at such a young age, but she looks great in them and you guys are smart to put a positive spin on it. By the way, you are beautiful!
Post a Comment