John turned 28 on October 27th. I'd like to say it was a fabulous day, but it wasn't. It really kind of stunk. I had gone into Tri-Cities to pick up food from Olive Garden. (Its a 45 minute drive-one way and around $25 of gas in my car). So I figured I'd go to Costco,Winco and the bank while I was in town. We'll with three kids it was a nightmare. Edie missed her nap- as did Sam and they were not happy campers. Right as John was supposed to get off a last minute patient came in and John got stuck with him and he suspected the patient had renal failure- so John didn't end up coming home until well past 9:00 PM. So eventually I had to put the girls to bed because they were rather hysterical, and they didn't end up getting to sing to Daddy or watch him open his presents. But we had Olive Garden and I had made John's favorite birthday trifle cake- so we laid on the couch and pigged out. Next year will be awesome though- I'm sure of it.
1 comment:
Sad! Happy Birthday Johnny! Wish we could have carved pumpkins and played would you rather!
Post a Comment