Friday, October 28, 2011
Washington
We have arrived alive! It has been a huge adjustment, but so far so good. It has almost been four weeks but we just got internet less than a week ago. I had no idea how much I missed it until I got it back! We really miss Salt Lake, but we are trying to be positive. I won't even get into how many things broke in our house the week we moved in... But one great thing is our yard. It is AMAZING! Huge and beautiful. Maggie is in doggie heaven and the girls are loving it....When it isn't raining atleast.
Clara trying out her mad soccer skills
It has a cool in laid brick deck thing that I find quite enjoyable. We have decided come spring we'll have to invest in some decent outdoor furniture.
Maggie is still a stinker. She sees or hears a chipmunk or kitty rustling in the bushes and she's off! Doesn't matter who is in her way. I didn't even realize I got this shot until after I was looking through all the photo's I'd taken. John and I had a pretty good laugh.
This is our souvenir from the move up here. It's hard to tell in the picture- but we got hit pretty hard. We were in Ogden headed up to Washington, when an unfortunate series of events took place. A semi blew a flat and the pieces of tire were all over the freeway- huge giant pieces. There was a big truck pulling a trailer, who braked hard in an effort not to hit the tire. This of course caused their trailer to jack knife and the woman in the lane next to them flipped out and swerved two lanes over and smashed into the side of my car. She hit the back door (right where my sweet little Sam was sleeping in his car seat!), front door and front panel and it caused the front end bumper to crack. After she hit me she took off. Utah Highway Patrol found her though and brought her back. She claimed that she was just going to get off on the next exit and come back. Liar. She never apologized, even when she saw I had three small children in the back of my car. She just told me if the trailer had hit her passenger side she could have gotten hurt. Yup- so could have my tiny children when you flew across two lanes and smashed into me. But we are all okay and that is what matters most! It slowed down our journey by about three hours- but we made it in the end:) I took my car into the shop to get an estimate (her insurance is taking care of it, thank heavens) and they informed me it would probably be around $6900 dollars worth of damage. I'm just so thankful we were all okay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry about the mishap and broken stuff :( Moving hardly EVER goes smoothly... there are just too many factors that can go wrong.
I'm jealous of your yard and extremely disappointed that this post does NOT have a BABY in it! I want to see his cuteness!
Your yard looks beautiful!!! I still can't believe that lady, so glad you guys are ok!
Sorry to hear you had to deal with an accident! I'm so glad everyone is safe and that you made it to your new home safely, too!! Love and miss you!!
PS I love the cute bum picture--I almost missed it. And holidays like the birthday seem to always find their way into our house. :) Someday...
Post a Comment