Thursday, June 7, 2012

Edie gets into mischief....

On Sunday we were getting ready to go to dinner at a friends house when Edie anounced she needed to go potty- so she headed into the upstairs bathroom- and locked the door behind her.  After going potty she discovered she couldn't un lock it and was trapped.   John crouched in front of the bathroom door upstairs for about 20 minutes trying to talk her through un locking the lock.  Apparently locking it is a breeze- but
un -locking it is impossible.
 

So we went downstairs and fished Clara up the laundry chute that leads into the upstairs bathroom.  Thankfully she is still quite light- but John had to be the one to lift her up.
I got a picture of her sandal as she completed the last leg of her journey.

                                                She's free! (I had her pose next to the laundry chute:)
                                 I've learned to disable the upstairs lock and that I'd like to paint the inside of our laundry chute.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Eliza just did that same thing in our bedroom! Only I was home alone with her and had to get a screwdriver to get the door handle off. She was fine but I was panicking!

Ridd Rants & Raves said...

Oh boy! What creativity to solve the 'problem,' though! Love your pics, and love those cute kids.

Jamilla said...

Haha! That is a cute post. I am glad John was home, so you were able to take some pictures. ;) you are so good to keep up your blog. Makes me happy to know you guys are still out there, even if we can't play as often as we like.

Pieces of me... said...

LOL, that's halarious! My parents have a laundry chute, and when I was little that was my secret hiding spot ;)

Gibbons Family said...

love it! Laundry chutes are awesome and I'm jealous that you have one. Your kiddos are super cute! I miss Clara's little spunky personality (she is still spunky isn't she?) And could Sam GET any cuter seriously??