My first born started Kindergarten August 31. I knew this day was coming- and I really thought I was looking forward to it, but I ended up feeling quite a bit more emotional about it than I had originally expected to. Clara's birthday is September 9th- so she is the oldest child in her kindergarten class. So I felt she was good and ready- I guess I just wasn't good and ready....
We all walked her around the corner from our house to her Elementary School. I had Sam and Edie in the stroller- and John had Maggie on a leash. I wanted her to hold my hand as we walked along, but she was just TOO excited. She said to me "Mommy, I'm sorry- but my legs just won't let me walk! They need to run fast!" So I let go of her hand and let her run. I cried a little bit.
John stayed out front with the kids and Maggie and I walked Clara inside to her class and got her situated at her desk.
I couldn't stop crying! It began the night before when I made her lunch for school, and loaded it all up in her Disney Princess lunch box. I had a pretty long (and rather ugly) cry. I thought it was out of my system- but apparently it wasn't. I cried all the way down to the school, as I walked her in, and when I got back outside to John I burst into tears and just started sobbing on his shoulder. I would have been more embarrassed- but there were about a dozen crying mothers so I didn't care much. John asked if he should have taken the day off of work. Probably would have been a good idea. I'll know that for when Edie starts Kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment